Wednesday 9 February 2011

red spoon @ top ryde shopping centre

I've been so busy at work lately that I can hardly hear myself think. Everything has become rather robotic and seems like I go through the motions of doing something but I have no idea what I've actually done! Can't be good!

Anyway, channelling my thoughts to things that make me happy - food! Loving all the restaurant additions to Top Ryde Shopping Centre and in particular Red Spoon. Have been here twice now for dinner and the food is absolutely scrumptious. There's plenty on the menu for me to come back for but in the meantime, these are a few things which are worth trying...

Duck Green Curry.

Seafood Pancake.

Chicken Chilli Basil Noodle.

Banana Blossom Salad.

And my favourite of them all is the Sticky Beef Ribs - could eat this anyday!

To accompany the meal, I suggest you order one of their mocktails - The Lemongrass Smash (it comes served with a stalk of lemongrass) and is rather refreshing. Should your stomach allow, dessert is an option. There's only a few to select from but they are a good size (won't leave you too full) and definitely worth trying. 

The service here is really friendly. Only downside is the lighting at the back of the restaurant. You might need to squint at the menu a little bit and as the night progresses, you might get this feeling that you are eating in the dark. 

5 comments:

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

Is this the same Red Spoon that's on Victoria Rd at Gladsville? I've been there thrice and the food is great.

Sounds good if the prices are decent.

missklicious said...

This looks so good. Craving thai food at the moment! Will have to make my way to Top Ryde - I haven't been yet!

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

It's even worse when it's so dark that you can't see what you're eating!

Joanna said...

There's a Red Spoon at Castle Towers too! But service is slightly slower, probably because of the amount of customers they have :)

wendy @ Obesebaby said...

Castle hill also have same branch, i found their food are overly sweet,
try the Kazbah next to it... very nice love the new top ryde shopping centre