Tuesday 10 November 2009

jamie oliver's chorizo & tomato omelette

I'm back home and also back with internet! Still not in the best health (I blame going to Macau; the two times I've been, both times I've returned home sick) but well, it's good to be back! Catching up on my favourite blogs, I'm absolutely gutted that I missed Adriano's Macaron B'day. The boy seems to think I'm being silly ('What would you do with 48 macarons?' to which my response was 'Eat them!') On another note, Max Brenner have launched a cookbook and 'I love macarons'; a book which I've had my eye on for the last couple of months is now available for sale on Fishpond! Work is busy, not quite crazy yet and well, this blog of mine has been a little neglected in the usual pattern of things.

This was a recipe I tried out prior to going on holidays. It's from Jamie's 'Jamie Dinners'; one of my favourite cookbooks at the moment. Lots of easy, no-fuss recipes and this particular recipe for a chorizo and tomato omelette, Jamie claims you can knock up in 4 minutes and 58 seconds (it falls under the chapter of '5 minute wonders'). I didn't actually time myself but I wouldn't imagine this recipe taking any more than 5 minutes. It's deadset easy!

Ingredients: Chorizo (sliced thickly), ripe tomato (deseeded and sliced), parsley, eggs, fresh red chilli, sea salt and pepper, spring onion.
Cook the chorizo in the frying pan with a little extra virgin oil.
To the chorizo, add the tomato and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, chilli and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan with the chorizo mix. Using a fork, mix the eggs around in the pan a little and then throw in the spring onion.
Fry the eggs till set.
My omelette ended up looking like a pizza! Anyway, I had my omelette with some buttered toast.

Loved how colourful the omelette turned out and with me improvising with the ingredient proportions, this recipe ended up serving 3. The recipe in Jamie's book serves 1 (and to be honest I didn't think I'd add much more ingredients to his list) so I think the recipes might be a tad larger than your average 'serving size'.

There should be a few more posts of recipes from this book. I'm having a bit of a crush on Jamie at the moment!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks good! I love chorizo.

I've got that book too, and I agree - there are so many useful and yummy recipes in there.

xox Sarah

panda said...

i think i'm becoming addicted to chorizo; everytime i want to cook something, i automatically think chorizo :P

and yep, jamie's dinners is definitely a keeper!