Saturday 3 January 2009

pete evans - spaghetti bolognaise

It's been awhile since I've done any proper cooking (in place of it, it seems that I've been growing my cookbook collection which is growing healthily - much to mum and J's dismay) so it was great to finally get back into the kitchen and put those cookbooks to use.

A recent purchase is 'My Table' by Pete Evans which I found whilst doing some other Christmas shopping last year. It's full of simple, easy to follow recipes and some fantastic photography. I must admit that I get drawn to recipes that have nice photos of the food - mum thinks I'm being silly.

Perhaps the main reason for cooking Spaghetti Bolognaise was the half bottle of red wine we had in the fridge from the last party. Otherwise, your other ingredients include beef mince, chicken stock, tomato soup, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, dried oregano, garlic, onion, pasta, parsley and parmesan.
Here's the sauce simmering away. You'll need to be patient here - it's about a half hour wait.
Once the sauce is done, toss together with the pasta and chopped parsley.
If you're J, you'll start eating from the pan.

I don't know a whole lot about Pete Evans but he sure does have an awesome  recipe for Spaghetti Bolognaise. J, my bro and I eat had a plateful that day and that night, the rest was gobbled down by my bro's friends who were over (they had it as a midnight snack). Mum reckons I've mastered the art of pasta. Anyhow - the next recipe I want to try from this book is the Butter Chicken with Naan Bread.

No comments: