Wednesday 6 August 2008

mixed berry muffins (adapted from bill's)


The recipe in Bill Granger's 'Everyday' called for strawberries and raspberries - I only had frozen raspberries and blueberries and figured they'd make do. (Anyway, I prefer blueberries over strawberries anyway - you can never guess with strawberries; sometimes they're not as sweet as they look! Plus Frozen Blueberries have been on sale in the supermarket everytime I've gone to look meaning that my freezer was quite well stocked with them - 2 packets in fact :P)

Compared to other muffin recipes, you'll find that Bill's recipe isn't too sweet and the ratio of berries to muffin mix makes this one quite healthy to eat. The sweet tooth (being myself) at first felt a little disappointed but as I ate my way through one, it actually turned out to be quite a nice treat. My mum (who tries to make me put less sugar in anything I bake - her rule is between 1/2 to 3/4 the amount of sugar that's in the recipe as most Western recipes lean on the sweet side) actually preferred Bill's recipe over the other ones that I've used previously. Unfortunately, my brother (who are among the 2 people in my household to eat my bakes) thought otherwise and hasn't touched the muffins at all. Well, I suppose I can't please everyone! And I'm not too sure about the cinnamon that the recipe requires - could probably do without it as I didn't think it went that well with the recipe!

No comments: